(undergraduate students are underlined)
24. Murphy SM, Vidal MC, Hallagan CJ, Broder ED, Barnes EE, Horna Lowell ES, and Wilson JD (In review) Does this title Bug (Hemiptera) you? How to write a title that increases your citations. Ecological Entomology.
23. Todd L, Keim L, Broder ED (In Press) The Game of Life and Death: Let’s play a game to learn about how natural selection helps animals adapt to their environment. Science and Children.
22. Westrick SE, Broder ED, Reznick DN, Ghalambor CK, Angeloni LM (2019) Rapid evolution and behavioral plasticity in an environment with reduced predation risk. Ethology.
21. Mensch E, Kronenberger JA, Broder ED, Funk CW, Fitzpatrick SW, and Angeloni LM (2019) A potential role for immigrant reproductive behavior in the outcome of population augmentations. Animal Conservation. Online early view.
20. Tinghitella RM and Broder ED, Gurule-Small GA, Hallagan C, and Wilson JD (2018) Purring crickets: The evolution of a novel sexual signal. The American Naturalist.
19. Irvine AR, Lowell E, Driscoll MJ, Broder ED. (2018) Selection curves on a case-by-case basis. The Center for Case Study Teaching in Science.
18. Murphy SM, Vidal MC, Smith TP, Hallagan CJ, Broder ED, Rowland D, and Cepero LC. (2018) Forest fire severity affects host plant quality and insect herbivore damage. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution.
17. Kronenberger JA, Gerberich J, Fitzpatrick SW, Broder ED, Angeloni LM,and Funk WC (2018) An experimental test of risky population augmentations. Conservation Biology. 32(4), 838-848.
16. Bauerfeind S, Soerensen JG, Loeschcke V, Berger D, Broder ED, Geiger M, Ferrari M, Blanckenhorn BU (2018) Geographic variation in responses to thermal stress in the yellow dung fly. Journal of Thermal Biology. 73, 41-49.
15. Kane EA, Broder ED, Warnock AC, Butler CM, Judish AL, Angeloni LM, Ghalambor CK (2018) Small fish, big questions: inquiry kits for teaching evolution. The American Biology Teacher. 80(2) 124-131. (Kane et al. 2018)
14. Broder ED, Angeloni LM, Simmons S, Warren S, Knudson KD, Ghalambor CK (2018) Authentic science with live organisms can improve evolution education. The American Biology Teacher. 80(2), 116-123. (Broder et al. 2018)
13. Fitzpatrick S, Handelsman C, Torres-Dowdall J, Ruell E, Broder ED, Kronenberger J, Reznick D, Ghalambor CK, Angeloni LM, Funk WC (2017) Gene flow constrains and facilitates genetically based divergence in quantitative traits. Copia. 105.3: 462-474.
12. Braude S, Margulis S, Broder ED (2017) The study of animal behavior provides valuable opportunities for original science fair projects: recommendations from the Animal Behavior Society Education Committee. The American Biology Teacher. 79.6: 438-441.
11. Murphy SM, Vidal MC, Hallagan CJ, Barnes EE, Broder ED (2017) A slow-growth-high-mortality meta-analysis for insects: A comment on Chen & Chen. Insect Science.
10. Broder ED and Kane EA (2017) Teaching evolution using live animals and inquiry-based, self-guided kits. In ” Evolution Education in the American South: culture, politics, and resources in and around Alabama” (eds. CD Lynne, A Glaze, L Reed, and W Evans). Palgrave Macmillian: New York, Chapter 11. Invited book chapter.
9. Kronenberger JA, Fitzpatrick SW, Angeloni LM, Broder ED, Ruell ED, and Funk WC (2016) Playing God with guppies-informing tough conservation decisions using a model experimental system. Animal Conservation. Cover Feature
8. Broder ED, Handelsman CA, Ghalambor CK, and Angeloni LM (2016) Evolution and plasticity in guppies: how genes and environment shape phenotypes. National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science.
7. Kopack CK, Broder ED, Fetherman ER, Lepak J, and Angeloni LM (2016) The effect of a single pre-release exposure to conspecific alarm cue on post-stocking survival in three strains of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Canadian Journal of Zoology. 94.9: 661-334.
6. Kronenberger JA, Funk WC, Smith JW, Fitzpatrick SW, Angeloni LM, Broder ED, and Ruell ED (2016) Testing the demographic effects of divergent immigrants on small populations of Trinidadian guppies. Animal Conservation. 20.1: 3-11.
5. Fitzpatrick SW, Gerberich JC, Angeloni LM, Bailey LL, Broder ED, Torres-Dowdall J, Handelsman CA, Lopez-Sepulcre A, Reznick DN, Ghalambor CK, and Funk WC (2016) Gene flow from an adaptively divergent source causes rescue through genetic and demographic factors in two wild populations of Trinidadian guppies. Evolutionary Applications. 9.7: 879-891.
4. Kopack CJ, Broder ED, Lepak JS, Fetherman ER, and Angeloni LM (2015) Chemical cues of predation induce anti-predator behavior in naïve rainbow trout: implications for training hatchery-reared fish. Fisheries Research. 169: 1-7.
3. Broder ED and Angeloni LM (2014) Predator-induced phenotypic plasticity of laterality. Animal Behaviour. 98: 125-130.
2. Handelsman CA, Broder ED, Dalton CM, Ruell EW, Myrick CA, Reznick DN, and Ghalambor CK (2013) Predator-induced phenotypic plasticity in metabolism and growth rate and rapid adaptation to a novel environment. Integrative and Comparative Biology. 53: 975-988.
1. Broder ED (2012) Conservation via scientific literacy: hook them with fish. American Fisheries Society Education Section. 33(2): 3. Perspective.